A Safe and Caring Community
Chair: Te Ora Nyman - Safer Communities and Injury Prevention and Health Promoter, Whanganui District Health Board
The Safe and Caring Community theme group has been meeting on a monthly basis, alternating between Marton and Taihape. The group have identified major issues around perception of safety.
- Establishment of a Neighbourhood Support Group in Taihape
- Support the Liquor Education in Taihape
- Support for the Marton Community Patrol
- Potential development of a rural outreach programme for the District
- A new focus on youth emerged from the group’s Results Based Accountability framework and action planning workshops. The SCC group is keen to work alongside Council on the upcoming Youth Strategy, and any initiatives that may arise out of this.
If you think there is a way you or your organisation to contribute to the actions or goal, please do not hesitate to contact Emily Rogers at the Rangitikei District Council.
|Contact Person:||Council Officer: Emily Rogers|
|Phone:||06 327 0161|